Saturday 13 September 2008

Recovery

Pom Pom is making reasonable progress I am delighted to say. A second trip to the vet for her today and she was pronounced "much improved". A bit like my maths teacher might have said on rare occasions.

At 5am today I headed off to Mai Po and produced a few decent images from a poor morning tide.







The frontier gate was opened at 6.15am but even though high tide was not until 8.30 the mudflats were already almost covered. Barely 10 minutes of photography with the new lens. I waited for the tide to fall and when it did the birds flew too far out so not a single photo on the falling tide. So this collection is just some shots of perched or fly-past birds taken whilst I was killing time.

Everybody should recognise the beautiful Common kingfisher, then the "punk" Striated or Little green heron, a Whimbrel, an elegant Marsh sandpiper with a Redshank in the background, and finally a Black-winged stilt. It can't really be a waste of time when you see birds like this now, can it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely not! I wonder how you spot and photograph them. - SK