Sunday 13 September 2009

Lazarus

I thought I was dead but actually I was just brain dead from work. Life has been in totally the wrong rhthym. But I do still have a camera and I do very occasionally take photos. In Blue Peter fashion, here's one I prepared earlier



This is a male Hierodula patellifera. It is a Praying mantis and it was captured by my lens as recently as last night. Quite a strange chap. He just kept walking round in circles and seemed fascinated by the flashgun's pre flash. Looked at it every time so when the actual flash went he was staring right down the barrel of the lens.

Here is another rather flashy visitor.



Hypsopygia mauritialis is a Pyralid moth. Not uncommon.

In a few months time we - Mrs Ha., Lulu and I will move to a new home in Sai Kung and I can start recording what occurs around the new abode. We even have a microscopic garden, in which I can play. Lulu? Ah,let me introduce Lulu:




Like all good hounds this 3lb ball of Pomeranian fluff is deciding whether to bite the mat or Mrs. Ha's bum. She made a good choice.

I may post again sometime in 2009.

1 comment:

ulaca said...

That mantis seems to be saying, "I like the camera, but not sure about the bloke holding it!"

Top picture and welcome back.