Saturday 24 May 2008

Shear delight









A long day on a boat today along with 20 other birders, many finer photographers than I......... John Holmes, Martin Hale, Pippen Ho, Hendrix - all top notch HK photographers. It was hot but we managed to find (thanks Mike) Short-tailed shearwater, a tick for me and the subject of my middle three images. Go to the pbase site for better quality. This is not a common bird and I was pleased with the pics though others will have better ones. The White-winged terns are just stunning and the Yellow bitterns unusually open - normally they skulk. So a splendid day on the water with a couple of hours on Po Toi. Great stuff.

2 comments:

Songshards said...

My favourite is the first one. There's definitely a story in it! :-)

dgny said...

Stunning. I can't imagine what the others came up with if these are the flat, bland, boring shots.

I think you have an incredible eye. Every photo captures a creature in the act of something - it tells you as much of the thoughts of the photographer as of the subject.