Sunday 10 June 2007

Wet, wet, wet




Hong Kong has been wet for a while. Long downpours of stair-rod rain. I took refuge in Seoul for the first 3 days of the week but although I have had a free weekend I have not ventured out other than to go to The Mandarin Grill lst night. Late this afternoon the rain stopped and I grabbed my new camera to record the clarity of the panorama (with not a Dimbleby in sight). No birds or bugs but it is uplifting to stand on the terrace and look out at this.

For those of a technical bent, this was taken with the new 1D mk III and shot as a RAW file. I processed it in Photoshop Elements 5 which now has a new RAW converter downloadable here. This is a much more powerful tool than the old converter and is well reviewed here. With all this wet weather I should have been mugging up on Photoshop as I have barely scratched the surface but I have not applied myself diligently. Instead I am almost at the end of the Ring of Bright Water trilogy. I continue to be impressed at Maxwell's writing even if the content is sometimes less than cheery.

So sorry folks. Nothing too much this week, just a view from the terrace.
Toodle pip.

No comments: